The EIT HEI Initiative's KIC Showcase will be a half-day event for the EIT Knowledge Innovation Communities (KICs) to spotlight some of the education and innovation projects that demonstrate good practice examples of training and education with a view to innovation and entrepreneurship.
These good practice example projects will be organised around 4 Domains that underpin the activities within the HEI Initiative. The agenda is outlined below, there will be parallel sessions that participants can select from during the event.
Event schedule and agenda
Introduction by Dr Emma Harris, Acting Head of the HEI Initiative
Simon Brown, CEO at P2T Consulting Ltd, 'Institutional change for innovation and entrepreneurship'
Parallel Sessions: Domain 1 (x2 project presentations in parallel sessions, 15-20 mins talk+ 10 mins Qs)
- TrainESEE2 (EIT RawMaterials) - Sibila Borojević Šoštarić
- EUFORIA (EIT Urban Mobility) - Timoleon Farmakis
Parallel Sessions: Domain 2
- Pioneers (EIT Climate-KIC) - Laura Pando & Lisa Janssen
- Access to Talents: Education-Business Integration (EIT Digital) - Sergio Balassone
Parallel Sessions: Domain 3
- Ulabs programme (EIT Health) - Mohammed Ilyass Rahmouni
- SIEMENS - Battle of Green Talent (EIT InnoEnergy) - Alberto Gonzalez
Parallel Sessions: Domain 4
- Skillsmove (EIT Manufacturing) - Linda Ferro
- Professional Development Programme (EIT Food) - Mario Roccaro
The presenters will provide information on these good practices, with an emphasis on scaling and replicating the innovation and training programmes.
Moderated by: Dr Emma Harris, Acting Head of the HEI Initiative and Monika Blodgett, Project Manager at EIT Manufacturing.
Speaker: Simon Brown, CEO at P2T Consulting Ltd.
About the organiser
EIT RawMaterials provides a collaborative environment for disruptive and breakthrough innovations by connecting business with academia, research, and investment. It also invests in future generation of innovators for the raw materials sector through initiatives ranging from education of school students to higher qualifications for industry professionals.