What we offer
Taking part in the HEI Initiative allows you to:
- Improve your organisation’s entrepreneurial and innovation capacity
- Expand your network. Already 290 Higher education institutions have joined the HEI Initiative
- Get access to the knowledge and opportunities offered by the KICs (Knowledge and Innovation Communities, supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technologies)
- Become better connected to your innovation ecosystem
Successful projects also get access to support to further develop and implement their project:
- The IVAP development workshop
- The co-creation workshop
- The KIC showcase event
- Sense-making workshop
- Training course on system innovation
IVAP development workshop
This event kicks-off the recently approved projects. Testimonials, exchange of experience and networking opportunities are offered to support the building of a community among HEI Initiative projects. Representatives from the KICs, EIT and the European Commission as well as from previously approved projects are invited. It is normally an in-person event, taking place annually. All approved projects are asked to participate.
This event dives deep into the HEI Initiative domains of action, through roundtables with experts and contributions from successful HEI Initiative. It also provides a space for discussion on project implementation and future follow-up opportunities. It is offered online, for projects in each of their two phases of implementation.
KIC showcase event
This is a public event where KICs mobilise their network to showcase projects and programmes to support innovation and entrepreneurship. Focus is on best practices and how they can be scaled and replicated. It is offered online and organised annually.
For projects in their phase 2, the Sense-making workshop aims to collect and reflect on the achievements of projects, and identify strengths and weaknesses across the HEI portfolio. It is normally an in-person event, involving both project representatives and the HEI Project officers. All approved projects are asked to participate.
Training course on system innovation
Projects are supported in the analysis of their innovation ecosystems and how to better connect with them. The training is offered online, for projects in their Phase 2.