Wroclaw University of Science and Technology (Lead Partner)
Holon Institute of Technology
Universita’ degli studi di Genova
Institute of Technology Transfer
EPF – Ecole d’ingénieurs
Centria University of Applied Sciences
METHODICA EFFECTIVE LEARNING LTD
Wroclaw Aglomeration Development Agency
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
Ikeda Group Sp. z o. o.
Innovative Poland Fundation
SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities
Max. funding Phase 1
Max. funding Phase 2
Coordinated and supported by
DEETECHTIVE intends to transform each participating HEI into a university of significantly increased entrepreneurial and innovation capacity, and to enhance their impact on surrounding ecosystems.
We are facing a major shift in the way that people work, innovate and study. This is caused not only by the Industry 4.0 era and social media, but also the huge transformation in education and labour systems brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic. DEETECHTIVE’s unique approach is therefore based on deep tech, open innovation, sharing economy and social product development.
DEETECHTIVE sees a path in HEIs’ transformation towards universities of increased entrepreneurial and innovation capacity through Open Science by implementing an IVAP focused on:
- Action 1: Talent Hunter Space;
- Action 2: Deep Tech Dates;
- Action 3: International Open Innovation Training: IDEA-up DEEP TECH;
- Action 4: Deep Tech Innovation Challenges;
- Action 5: Pre-Incubation Mentoring Programme: GROW UP TECH;
- Action 6: Start-up Booster;
- Action 7: Knowledge Hotspot.
DEETECHTIVE aims to:
- develop Talent Hunter Space, a pan-European talent and skills development platform for identification of deep tech talents hidden among the student community;
- strengthen partnerships within the Knowledge Triangle for setting up collaborative networks and establishing new partnerships;
- directly speed up innovation process within HEIs and their ecosystems by testing and popularising Open Innovation 2.0 and providing support for deep tech start-ups;
- increase the quality of innovation and support entrepreneurial education through development of an International Open Innovation Training: IDEA-up DEEP TECH and Pre-Incubation Mentoring Programme, GROW UP TECH;
- collect success stories and lessons learned to share knowledge with local ecosystems and cooperation networks.
By implementing the Actions, the Project will:
- support 5 start-up/scale-ups;
- train 725 and mentor 75 students;
- train 132 and mentor 39 academic staff;
- train 132 and mentor 39 non-academic staff;
- create 17 support structures and mechanisms;
- create 3 new partnerships;
- create 1 start-up.
DEETECHTIVE represents six partners:
- five HEIs: Wrocław University of Science and Technology (PL), Holon Institute of Technology (IL), University of Genova (IT), EPF School of Engineering (FR), Centria University of Applied Sciences (FI);
- one business support organisation: Institute of Technology Transfer (PL).
Except for key players of the Knowledge Triangle, DEETECHTIVE will connect two additional aspects – society and sustainable development issues – which will complement the quintuple innovation helix model addressing university-industry-government-public-environment.
To make sure that DEETECHTIVE outcomes will make a difference in terms of expected Vision for 2030, all the results will be assessed, lessons learned described, and transferability plans developed in the form of ready-to-implement methodologies to ensure easy transfer to other entities.