UNIVERSITY OF PELOPONNESE (Lead partner)
SOFIA UNIVERSITY "ST. KLIMENT OHRIDSKI"
KOLEGJI UNIVERSITAR LOGOS
UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI CAMERINO
EUROPEAN FORUM OF TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING
ATHENA RC / INDUSTRIAL SYSTEMS INSTITUTE
INTELLIA INFORMATION AND TELECOMMUNICATION SYSTEMS PRIVATE COMPANY
AI 4 SKILLS SRL - SOCIETA BENEFIT
Max. funding Phase 1
Max. funding Phase 2
OASIS is a collaborative initiative between higher education institutions (HEIs), research centres, a pan-EU network of institutions, and enterprises. OASIS aims to develop and share support capabilities in the area of open science (OS) to drive the EU’s digital transformation and sustainable development. The project facilitates the adoption of OS technologies in education through practical applications, training, and mentoring activities for the management of real educational and labour oriented problems with an aim to increase openness in intellectual property.
The OASIS project has the following main objectives:
- develop and strengthen technology transfer processes;
- enhance entrepreneurial education with OS technologies;
- strengthen OS technology and knowledge transfer partnerships; empower the next generation of innovators;
- improve the impact framework of OS technology transfer and entre/intra-preneurial education for sustainability;
- strengthen the entrepreneurial and innovation capacity of HEIs towards a long-term innovation vision action plan (IVAP) implementation commitment;
- transform students and create professionals able to tackle labour challenges and needs;
- empower girls with the programme Girls Learning Open Science.
The OASIS project’s results will contribute to the strategic objectives and missions of at least three EIT Knowledge and Innovation Communities in the following areas:
- Digital (Phase 1):
- create a pan-EU digital ecosystem, by connecting national innovation ecosystems,
- create start-ups & launching products commercially,
- help EU companies to scale up internationally; equip students with skills to innovate and become entrepreneurs;
- Manufacturing (Phase 1):
- exploit the potential of digital tools, industrial data and digital platforms,
- foster business creation, start-ups, and small and medium-sized enterprises,
- establish open innovation ecosystems;
- Food (Phase 2):
- catalyse food sector entrepreneurship and innovation across the EU,
- educate to engage, innovate, and advance.
The OASIS project proposes more than ten targeted activities that will bring a clear added value to the HEIs’ system. This will have a direct impact on the targeted beneficiaries with a main goal to improve the capability of all stakeholders:
- Students: Offering knowledge through mentoring and training activities.
- Academic staff: Introducing new entrepreneurship teaching modules.
- Start-ups: Enhancing entrepreneurial education and mentoring to enable people creating start-ups.
- Industries: Linking education with industry, fostering the entrepreneurial character of HEIs.
- National and regional organisations: contributing to the design of regional and national innovation strategies for smart specialisation.
- OS community: developing pilot projects to support start-ups/scale-ups and utilise testbeds.
- Business development agencies: organising and creating internships, by strengthening/increasing knowledge capacity.
- Society in general: strengthening/increasing knowledge capacity and creating technology transfer processes.
Spiros Sirmakessis, Professor, University of Peloponnese (contact)